The Art of Writing, Reading, and Living in Words

Growing up I never loved writing, as an adult, I still don’t care for it. I find it amazing that authors can create a realm for others to get lost in. Everyday, we read and write just to get through the motions of day to day life. A great pen and paper are my preference. Penmanship is beautiful, no matter how messy or what tool is used. But, to read to your hearts desire and be brought to other worlds through the thoughts of a person you’ve never met, that is an art.

Personally, I’d rather read than write. It’s all about how it LOOKS on paper. The feeling of the paper as you turn the pages, the smell of the book, the slight crackle of the book’s spine as you open up. As a young reader, I took reading for granted. I skimmed through summer reading chapters to get the main idea and pass the test once school started again. As an adult, I want more and can’t get enough. We all read “Harry Potter”, as we read it individually, we all became sorcerers in our own minds! As an adult with two young children, I yearn for their bedtime so that I can have a moments peace and get lost in a world without stepping on Legos!